Fall Decorating with Vegetablescomments (3) September 28th, 2012
Right now all the fruits of the end-of-season vegetable garden are ripe for fall decorating and the garden centers are filled with colorful flowers. Here are 10 ideas to dress up the front yard, back patio, balcony or dining room table:
- Tie together fresh red peppers to create a long ristra and top with raffia.
- Mix ornamental kale alongside colorful fall flowers like mums and pansies.
- Paint small pumpkins with faces or designs.
- Replace summer containers with yellow mums, sugar pumpkins, Black-eyed Susans and ornamental peppers.
- Stack pumpkins near the front door or line the driveway with them.
- Fashion a wreath from trumpet vines, Virginia creeper or another vining plant and then decorate with dried sunflower heads, colorful leaves, small pumpkins, red peppers and garlic bulbs.
- Surround a container of ornamental peppers with small pumpkins.
- Select a large open space and arrange pumpkins to create an interesting design.
- Fill a basket with different varieties of eggplant, colorful peppers, winter and summer squash, and Indian corn to use as a centerpiece.
- Toss the tired annuals from the hanging basket and fill with an ornamental sweet potato vine.
How do you use your vegetables for decorating? Please add your ideas here.
Post your photos
posted in: fall, fall decorating